- Two Super Eagles stars, Terem Moffi and Moses Simon have made it into the top ten list of the French Ligue 1's fastest players.
According to a study carried out by the official website of the Ligue 1, FC Lorient striker, Terem Moffi is the second fastest footballer in the French top flight.
Only Paris Saint-Germain forward, Kylian Mbappe (at 36 km/h) has recorded a faster speed this term than the former Kortrijk ace (35.64 km/h).
Moffi has added top finishing quality to his incredible pace, with the 23-year-old already netting six goals in eight league games for Lorient sp far this season. Only PSG's Neymar and Mbappe have scored more than the Nigeria international.
The other Super Eagles star in the top ten list is Nantes forward, Moses Simon.
Simon comes in at number eight with a flashing speed of 34.56 km/h, equal with Marseille's Cengiz Under and PSG's Moroccan fullback Achraf Hakimi.
Both Moses Simon and Terem Moffi were involved from the start in Nigeria's 2-1 loss to Algeria in an international friendly match at the Olympic Stadium in Oran on Tuesday.
Moffi used his speed to hand the Super Eagles the opening goal after only nine minutes in that encounter.
The speedy striker also assisted Ademola Lookman to score in the 27th minute, but the goal was controversially ruled out for offside.
However, goals from Riyad Mahrez and Youcef Atal, either side of the halftime, turned the tie in Algeria's favour.
TOP 10 FASTEST PLAYERS IN THE FRENCH LIGUE 1
1. Kylian Mbappé (PSG): 36 km/h
2. Terem Moffi (Lorient): 35.64 km/h
3. Elye Wahi (Montpellier): 35.28 km/h
- Jonathan Clauss (Marseille): 35.28 km/h
- Jonathan David (Lille): 35.28 km/h
6. Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon): 34.92 km/h
- Kevin Gameiro (Strasbourg): 34.92 km/h
8. Cengiz Under (Marseille) ): 34.56 km/h
- Moses Simon (Nantes): 34.56 km/h
- Achraf Hakimi (PSG): 34.56 km/h